- Three scouts who came up through 2nd Alveston attained their Queens Scout Awards and attended a parade and ceremony at Windsor Castle on 29th April 2012, where the Queen and Prince Philip reviewed them.
- For more pictures click here
A reasonable turn out on a cold rainy day. Well done to those who braved the weather!
Well done to Chil for getting here long service award
- She's pictured here with Andrea and Arnold Tucker
- And well done to the cubs for acheiving their Chief Scout Silver Awards
- Another successful sale - all sold by 11.30am on Saturday morning.
- Many thanks to everyone for helping - especially Jeff Pead, who did a fantastic job as always in getting all the trees.
- As you see - no expense was spared with local celebs Sally and Catherine modelling two lovely trees…
A good turn out (especially by the Explorers). All scouts were there, at Tytherington, or “formally excused”, so well done all!
What we need to do in future is get the A38 closed during the ceremony to allow us to hear anything…
Sadly the weather was awful, and cold rain drove us indoors. Still, Gordon did a fantastic indoor sing-song, and soon had all ages (parents aswell!) joining in.
Perrys fabulous suasages were popular as ever, and with hot chocolate on tap, queues for refreshment were continuous! Thankyou to the committee for organising such a great spread!
Chil (Christine) has retired as a leader, and was presented with a wonderful thankyou card, bouquet and gift for being such a long serving cub leader. We're all sad to see her go, but assure her that there will be no problem rejoining if she changes her mind…
Jon was surprised to also get a card and gift voucher for his time spent doing cubs - thanks guys! It is much appreciated.
Update: Jon bought some nice lightweight hiking boots with the generous voucher: thanks everyone!